CONNELLS Archives

September 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dana McCall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 19:32:37 EDT
>O.K. I am going ape shit trying to remember the Winn-Dixie theme song.
>lived in NC for 22 years, I could swear they are just the Beef People.
>Help me out before I go crazy!  To the people who have seen them do
>this
>live, what are the words?
>Any help would be very appreciated

While I haven't seen the Connells do it, I assume they were singing the
one that goes:

  Wiiiinnnnn Di-xieeeee
  Looowwww  pri-cezzzzzzzz
  That's our pol-i-cy that's our way
  A-mer-i-ca's su-per-maaaar-keeehht
  Wiiiiinnnn Di-xieeeee
  E-v-ry Daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!

Kind of brings a tear to the eye, huh?? Sorry my lyrics aren't complete.
I'll get them soon, and probably post the tabs so all of you can play
this contemporary American classic for your loved ones. Who said people
waste time on the Internet??