CONNELLS Archives

September 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 01:02:37 -0600
Here is version 1.0 of "If it Crumbles" by The Connells off of Boylan
Heights.  As usual if you have any corrections/additions/questions/or
complaints, feel free to email me at [log in to unmask]  Requests are
welcome and those of you who have mailed me a request, I'll tab them
first then other songs.  I'll also be setting up a web site in the near
future where you can get the tabs as soon as I can.  Any help is
apreciated since there are around 80 songs to be tabbed.

Any suggestions or complaints, or it you need guitar help just mail me,
Thanks,
Tyson

P.S.-Since I'm new I guess that there are "Tape Trees" could someone let
me know how this works, since it's hard to find Connells stuff in
Utah.Thanks in Advance, t

All material copyrighted by The Connells (please don't sue me, i'm 20
and have nothing anyway)

"If it Crumbles"
off of the album "Boylan Heights" by The Connells

This song has 2 guitars, one a nylon? with slight delay/flange (makes it
sound like a 12 string) that does the riffs over the rhythm,  and a
rhythm guitar that follows the bass line roots and organ. There are
several variations on the C chord so watch the changes.

Chords
  EADGBe
G=320003
C1=032013 (almost like a sus)
C2=032003 (like a G chord)
Dsus=XX233
D=XX0232
A1=x54030 (slide the C1 formation up 2 frets)

Intro:
G,  C1,  G,  C2,  G,  C1,  G,  C2 (repeat)

it sounds like a change at :52 but just pick strum a descending pattern
from the C2 formation to the G, (beginners just keep on playing the
normal pattern),  so....

G, C1, C1, G, C1, C1, G

e-3-3---3-3-3-3-----3-3-3-3-3----3-
B----------------------------------
G----------------------------------
D-------2-2-2-0-0---2-2-2-2-0-0----
A-2-2---3-3-3-2-0---3-3-3-3-2-0--2-
E-3~3~---------------------------3-

At 1:15 "Chorus" play with sus with you pinky finger and releasing
notes/muting notes to get the right sound, and play with album to get
timing.

D, Dsus, D, Dsus, G, C1, C1

D, Dsus, D, Dsus, G, C1, slide to A1

Lyrics (listen to album to figure where they go)

And for the first and last time, I'll wait and see.

And if it crumbles all around me, then we'll wait and see.

Riffs:
Just learn these two chord inversions then the riffs are over them
  EADGBE
G=x.x.(9).7.8.7    (9) optional
C=x.x.10.9.8.8

@ :17

e--7----7------10-----10------7^8^7------
B---8-8---8-8-----8-8----8-8--------8-----
G-----------------------------------------
D-----------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------

@:38

e----------------------------------
B----------------------------------
G----5--5^7--5---------------------
D----5--5^7--5---------------------
A----------------------------------
E----------------------------------

@:54

when not soloing You can just play the chord inversions over the C, G
chords and it'll rip.

All solos can be figured out by the above three examples.