CONNELLS Archives

November 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steven Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:09:00 EST
> Inspired by the ever-fab covers tape, and by recent/ongoing threads on a
> couple of other listservs I receive, I pose this pithy (and hopefully
> discussion generating) query:
>
> What songs would YOU most like to hear the Connells cover?
>
> (I have a few in mind, but I'm not sharing 'til I see if anyone else wants to
> play. . . )

There's no question:  "Jenny (867-5309)" by Tommy Tutone.  I heard the
Refreshments do a partial live cover of it during a radio interview
here in Dallas the other day.  My first thought:  "Now I remember what
a cool song that is."  My second thought:  "That would make a BITCHIN'
Connells cover!"

I'd also like to hear them do "Brown-Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison (they
probably already have, and I just don't know it -- it's hard to be a
Connells fan in Texas :(  ).

Now I'm waiting for all the wise guys who have been so consistently
disappointed at Connells live shows to post saying, "I'd like to hear
the Connells do a cover of 'Seven'!"  ;)

Steve