CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 13:52:51 EST
Hey hey my my,

(Wading though the last few day's missives.....)

A reminder.... if anyone is considering leaving the list because of the volume
of posts, there is a digest format available.  Get one groovy e-mail a day
(more when there is really a lot of traffic), with a nice header that says
"Connells Digest", so's you knows what it is.....  send an e-mail to
[log in to unmask] with the message <set connells digest> to avail
yourself of this option.

Re Mr. C. Blows' comment that _WFAD_ is "universally reviled" by fan and band
alike..... is this truly the case?   I would hate to think that what was, in
my admittedly not-too-valuable opinion, a very bold artistic choice could be
so easily dismissed as a mistake.  True, _WFAD_ was not as immediately
accessable as, say, _F&G_ or _Ring_, but there are some very good songs on it;
and I grow to appreciate it more with each listen. I think it is the 'Nells'
least self-conscious and most adventurous album to date... and damn, those
boys can ROCK!  :)

Digging it.....