CONNELLS Archives

February 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:46:17 EST

<< > OH, GOD, STOP...STOP NOW!!!  O.K., folks, don't get me wrong:  I love
 > Eno, I own lots of Eno stuff, but IMH but most accurate O, Eno was the
 > ruination of U2.  They used to be a driving pop band with a message,
 > and now they do dance music.  The first single off "Zooropa" or
 > whatever it was called, I thought it was Jesus Jones.  So, please,
 > Just Say No to Eno.

 Ummm..Eno produced "The Unforgettable Fire".. I dare you to call that an
 album of "dance music" >>

Yeah, I feel the same way ......... a producer doesn't necessarily change the
sound of the music, in fact, I'll bet when the song is composed in the living
room it ends up sounding pretty much the same when the deal is done.

I am lying on the bed looking at the plaster ornament above me for 4 hours
straight. Yep, it sounds the same.