CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
billy smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:33:21 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Ortley Beach tradewinds is a great show.

actually, Tradewinds is a different club many miles north ofOrtley
(about 40 in
fact!)  The concert in question is at
Joey Harrison's Surf Club in Ortley, NJ

Plug:
Two of my good friends are also on the bill:

John Easdale...he used to sing for an excellent band called
Dramarama, who were HUGE at the Jersey shore for many
years, you Connells fans will reckognize that he also played
two years ago when the Connells did!

Miles Hunt and Malcolm Treece...
this duo formed the core of THE WONDER STUFF probably
the second most overlooked pop band ever.  I'm tour manager,
so i'm a bit biased, but they've been putting on some awesome
shows lately, and are a perfect fit with the other acts that
have been mentioned.

thanks,
david