CONNELLS Archives

February 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:06:13 EST
Me on Jello:  Dede!  Should we all send you care packages of "The Chef's Magic
Powder"  to tide you over 'til your 'fridg is cool again?  Which do you like
better, the horseradish-and-vinegar "salad Jello", or that zippy recipe with
Red Hots candies in it? ;)

Me on TVT:   I was always sort of willing to give TVT the benefit of the
doubt, based on the premise that with a roster consisting almost entirely of
industrial bands, they just didn't ken the Connells' intelligent pop music,
and therefore could not promote it properly.  If I had any complaint with TVT,
it was that they were unwilling to cut bait when it became apparent that they
didn't know how to fish.......  And then they signed XTC, & lo and behold!
TVT suddenly exhibits amazing willingness and acumen when promoting a band
whose forte' is intelligent pop music......  So y'all were right.  I was
wrong.  (And as far as TVT goes.......  tell them they're uninspired.)

Me on Minnesota:   Is the question at hand whether where a band records
affects the sound of the music, or whether from whence a band
originates/resides is the important factor?  I've some thoughts on both
subjects, but don't want to expound on the wrong topic, if it can be helped.
(btw, Art forgot to mention both my favorite Minnesota artist - Peter
Himmelman, who's new cd is wonderful, and one of my favorites from Athens -
Guadalcanal Diary, who are back together and have just released a terrific
live cd.)

"Grunge" on _Brainjunk_?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

"Sugar is my friend.  It makes me happy and gives me ideas." - David Lynch