CONNELLS Archives

November 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 15:58:23 -0700
Sorry this was supposed to go with the last one...

'74-'75 has been revised, and "Carry My Picture" is tabbed as well...

Hope the site is helping..
Tyson

Tabbed by: Martin l. Polaschek
                (Tuning instructions by Tyson Cook)

The first thing to do is to tune your guitar to an Ab, which sounds hard
but is really easy.

First start the song '74-'75, the very first note you hear is a Ab, so
tune down your 5th (a) string so that it is in tune with that first
note.

Then tune the rest of the strings on your guitar to that string by
tuning
each following string to the 5th fret of the previous one.

If you don't understand this, or don't know how to tune-feel free to
mail
me.

Now that you have you guitar in tune the rest of the song is way easy,
compared to the barre chords that everyone had been posting. Tyson

martin l. polaschek
dept. information engineering                         university of
vienna

'74-'75 by The Connels (Ring)

  based on earlier contributions by
  [log in to unmask] (Jan Morenzin)
  [log in to unmask] (Tomas Rendalen)

(tune half step down to play along with the cd)

   Chords:
    EADGBe

Am: x02210
C:  x32010
G: 320033
F: xx3211
C/B: x20010

Intro: 2x

   Am            C         G        Am(*)
E |------------------0-0---3-------|--------0-0-0-0---0-0-----------|
B |------------------1-1---0-------|--------1-1-1-1---1-1-----------|
G |------------------0-0---0-------|--------2---2-2---2-2-----------|
D |------2-0---------2-2---0-------|--------2---2-2---2-2-----------|
A |0---------3-0-3======---2-------|0---0========================---|
E |------------------------3-------|--------------------------------|

F         C          F                    C    C/B     F/A
   Got no reason for coming to me and the rain running down.
           C         Am(*)
There's no reason.
F          C          F                      C    C/B    F/A
   And the same voice coming to me like it's all slowing down.
       C          G
And believe me

          Am              C                G          F        Am  C  G
I was the one who let you know, I was your sorry-ever-after. '74-'75

F           C     F                          C       F
   It's not easy, nothing to say 'cause it's already said.
           C      Am(*)
It's never easy.
       F            C           Am        G       F
When I look on your eyes then I find that I'll do fine.
       Am           C              G
When I look on your eyes then I do better.

Chorus:
          Am              C                G          F        Am  C  G
I was the one who let you know, I was your sorry-ever-after. '74-'75
         Am              C                G           F       Am  C  G
Givin me more and i'll defy, cause you're really only after '74-'75.

Repeat intro

    C               G                Am
E -|--------------3/5-3---------0---/3-------------------------------|
B 3/5-3---3/5-3-----------5---------|----0-------3-------------------|
G -|----5-------5-------------------|--------5-------4---5-4/5-5\4---|
D -|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A -|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E -|--------------------------------|--------------------------------|

   C               G                Am
E |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
B |--------------------------------|-------------------------------3/
G |0---------0h2h4/5-----4-----2-0-h2-------------------------------|
D |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|

   C               G                Am              F
E |--------------3/5-3------------3/5-3---3/5-3---------------------|
B /5-3---3/5-3-----------5-----5---|----5-------5---------5/6---5---|
G |----5-------5-------------------|----------------5---------------|
D |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
A |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|
E |--------------------------------|--------------------------------|

   C               G
E |--------------------------------|
B |--------------------------------|
G |------------------------5---4---|
D |--------------------------------|
A |--------------------------------|
E |--------------------------------|

F         C          F                    C    C/B     F/A
   Got no reason for coming to me and the rain running down.
           C         Am(*)
There's no reason.
       F            C           Am        G       F
When I look on your eyes then I find that I'll do fine.
       Am           C              G
When I look on your eyes then I do better.

Chorus:
          Am              C                G          F        Am  C  G
I was the one who let you know, I was your sorry-ever-after. '74-'75
         Am              C                G           F       Am  C  G
Givin me more and i'll defy, cause you're really only after '74-'75.

repeat chorus
repeat chorus 2x without words

Okay, this is pretty easy...if you had problems with this song before it
was probably because of the non-standard tuning.

Intro:
Am, C, G, Am (repeat)

Verse:
F, C, F, C, C/B, F, C, Am
(repeat but for the 2nd replace Am w/ G)

Chorus:
Am, C, G, F, Am, C, G

Bridge @2:00:
C, G, Am (repeat)

Thats about it!

Lyrics:

F        C          F                   C     C/B     F
Got no reason for coming to me and the rain running down.
            C          Am
There's no reason.
F        C          F                     C    C/B    F
And the same voice coming to me like it's all slowin down.
      C        G
And believe me--

I was the one who let you know
I was your sorry-ever-after. '74-'75
Giving me more and I'll defy
'Cause you're really only after '74-'75.

It's not easy, nothing to say 'cause it's already said.
It's never easy.
When I look on your eyes then I find that I'll do fine.
When I look on your eyes then I'll do better.

--
Connells Tab Archive and Guitar Resources
http://www.sisna.com/users/stevecook/connells/connells.html