CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lisa Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:58:12 -0700
 -----Original Message-----

From:   Nguyen Khoi [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Friday, March 19, 1999 9:22 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Ever heard of this band

All of these biographies and their favorite bands no one has mentioned the
Beautiful South? Anyone on this list listen to them?

Yes!  at least one of the guys in beautiful south used to be in the
housemartins - awesome pop/dance/rock band from England.  I dig the
housemartins but unfortunately they are no longer.  the beautiful south
picks up where the housemartins left off...is there a girl in this band?

I'm going to try my biography one more time - this version is more
complete.

Name: Lisa

Age: 29

Occupation: audio engineer

State of residence: Boulder, Colorado (originally from St. Paul, Minnesota)

Hobbies: hiking, playing & listening to music, snowboarding, biking,
writing...

Bands i listen to, besides the connells:  r.e.m., soul asylum, the 'mats,
poster children, superchunk, uncle tupelo/son volt/wilco, built to spill,
steve earle, fIREHOSE/mike watt, afghan whigs, descendents, blue mountain,
giant sand, bob mould/husker du, marah, neil young, the beatles, old 97's,
meat puppets, the feelies, nirvana, let's active, bob dylan, michelle
shocked, new order, xtc, big star, willie nelson, sixteen horsepower,
lemonheads, the buck pets, bob marley, hole, the gufs, big head todd and
the monsters, guy clark, alpha blondy, the stones...and the list goes on.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is
music.

       -Aldous Huxley