CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Andrew Saari <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 14:08:50 -0500
There's just a belief out there that TVT doesn't do their best to market
the Connells and never have...it's nothing about you.  It's just sad to
see such a great band unknown to the rest of the world.  How long have
you been working there???  Well, anyway, I think it's cool that you've
been posting to the newsgroup with Connell news.  Just do your best to
help the Connells get recognized.  Later,

Andrew

> Glad you all have had a chance to listen to the new album, but
> non-believers-- hang with it, I've been listening to the album for two
> months now and hear new things, new inflections and new connections every
> time.
>
> To answer some of your questions:
>
> The Eco-Pak was the band's idea and both the band and the label think it
> looks great.  As the costs of different packaging possibilities continues
> to go down, I think you see many many more non-jewel case packages in near
> future.  It's another way for bands to present themselves creatively.
>
> The Certain Damage comp is a college radio sampler that gets sent to
> college radio stations with their copies of CMJ.  Yes, there is a George
> track on Two If By Sea, and there also a Connells track (74-75) on the
> Heavy soundtrack, which features 3 Evan Dando songs (two brand new) and a
> Thurston Moore score.
>
> The video for Fifth Fret is coming along, the band just wrapped it up in
> Minneapolis.  But the video for "Maybe" has been completed and is the
> band's best clip yet, hands down.  An hysterically funny take-off of
> Deliverance.
>
> I know nothing about a Connells enhanced CD.
>
> We have hire a powerful publicity firm to represent the band.  They have
> serviced all media with the music: newspapers, college papers, big mags
> (like Rolling Stone), television, etc, and will continue on for the life of
> the project.  The big new from their end is that The Connells have been
> invited to appear on Late Night with Conan O'Brian.  It will happen in the
> last two weeks of September.  When the date is nailed down, I'll post it.
>
> Jamie- I'll find out the State College details for you.
>

> On a completely different topic--
> Can someone please refresh my memory as to why so many comments are laced
> with anger toward TVT, your band's record label for 10 years?  Bill Cross,
> what you somehow received was a radio flyer, not a ad.  And Mike Orren, you
> wrote, "Those of us who have [the new album] got it because a.) TVT is too
> lame to mark their shipments with a release date..."  Sometimes record
> stores put music out before their release date.  Why so spitful?  I'm
> sorry, I don't mean to single out Bill and Mike, it's just that theirs are
> the two latest seemingly anti-TVT posts.  Where does this come from?
>
> P.S. Bill-- thanks for the shout out re: the recap sheet. I wrote it.
>

> Peace,
>
> Adam

> Adam Shore
> TVT Records/Wax Trax! Records/Blunt Recordings/TVT Soundtrax
> 23 East 4th Street
> New York, NY 10003
> 212-979-6410 phone
> 212-979-6489 fax
>
> website:
> http://www.tvtrecords.com

                                        -- Native Son
Simply the best...

The Judybats..............Down In The Shacks Where The Satellite Dishes Grow
The Posies................Frosting On The Beater
Matthew Sweet.............Girlfriend
The Grays.................Ro Sham Bo
Radiohead.................The Bends
The Connells..............Fun & Games
The Mockers...............Somewhere Between Mockersville and Harmony
Big Star..................#1 Record/Radio City
Velvet Crush..............Teenage Symphonies To God

Check out my homepage:  http://silver.ucs.indiana.edu/~amsaari