CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
ALEX POST <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:52:24 EDT
I've been curious about this myself.  It's my understanding that the lead singer usually gets more money, but the connells do seem to give more equal contributions than most bands.  Then again, if Mike and Dave are really lawyers, we know where all the money is going.

> I was interested in the comment that Mike had a really nice house,
because I
> wondered if the guys were doing OK financially, too.  I wonder if
the guys
> split the money evenly six ways?  This is partially noisiness and
partially
> just a desire for them to be successful and continue making music
for a long,
> long time.

I'm not sure about how the money is split... on the older records, it
would seem that since the songs were credited individually that the
person who wrote them would get that piece of the money, however with
the new trend of saying that thw words and music are "by the connells"
it may get split.

either way, since everyone wrote a song on the record,it should get
passed around pretty evenly.

but I'm no record exec

kevin