CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:43:23 -0500
>VIRGINIA BEACH'S 5TH ANNUAL PONTIAC AMERICAN MUSIC FESTIVAL
>SEPTEMBER 3 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 7
>
>Largest U.S. Music Festival will feature
>'70s Disco, Country and Top 40 Pop
>
>VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.-- Virginia Beach will host the 5th Annual Pontiac
>American Music Festival Thursday, Sept. 3 - Monday, Sept. 7 with more than
>50 national and regional acts performing on 11 outdoor stages along the
>resort's oceanside boardwalk and on the sand.

Sponsorship of $75,000 from the new title sponsor, Pontiac and the Local
> [...]

>tastes from the ë70s disco sounds by KC & the Sunshine Band and Sister
>Sledge to the popular country songs of Aaron Tippin.  The festival also has
>added some of the area's favorite touring modern rock bands to their list
>of performers:  The Connells, The Smithereens,  and Agents of Good Roots.

>A limited amount of advance tickets for the 5th Street performances are
>free and available through all Ticketmaster locations in Hampton Roads for
>a limited time.  (Ticketmaster has a $1 service charge).
>Headliners at the 5th Street Stage are:
>Sept. 4-       Sister Sledge
>       KC & The Sunshine Band
>
>Sept. 5-       War
>       Doobie Brothers
>
>Sept. 6-       Linda Davis
>       Aaron Tippin
>
>Sept. 7-       Right On
>       Little Richard
>
>Concerts at the 17th, 24th, and 29th Street Stages are free and feature
>the following
>
>national recording artists:
>
>Sept. 3-       Chubby Checker- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 4-       Marshall Tucker Band-  17th  Street Stage
>Sept. 4-       Rare Earth- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 5-       Kids Corner featuring the Animal Band- 17th Street Stage
>
>Sept. 5-       Agents of Good Roots- 17th Street Stage

>Sept. 5-       The Connells- 17th Street Stage
>
>Sept. 5-       Gibb Droll Band- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 5- Atlanta Rhythm Section- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 5-       The JGB Band- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 5-       Wade Hayes w/ Special Guest Jason Sellers- 29th Street Stage
>
>Sept. 6- Kids Corner featuring the Animal Band- 17th Street Stage
>Sept. 6-       Firefall- 17th Street Stage
>Sept. 6-       Poco- 17th Street Stage
>Sept. 6-       Bill Deal- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 6-       Coasters & Drifters- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 6-       Ohio Players- Cox Communications Stage at 24th Street
>Sept. 6-       Fighting Gravity- 29th Street Stage
>Sept. 6-       The Smithereens- 29th Street Stage
>Boardwalk and side street stages are located on  7th, 13th, 14th, 17th,
>20th, 22nd, 24th, 25th and 26th Street and will feature a variety of local
>and national acts.  Shows held at the 5th and 29th Street Stages are
>located on the beach.
>
>Food and beverages will be available for purchase at various concert
>sites.  No umbrellas or beach chairs will be allowed at the 17th, and 24th
>Street Stages.  Beach chairs are allowed in the sand at the 5th and 29th
>Street Stages (no umbrellas). All performances and artists are subject to
>change.  Concerts will be held rain or shine. Hotel packages, that include
>tickets to the 5th Street Headlining Stage are available.  Call 1-800-VA
>BEACH or hotels directly for reservations.
>For event information call (757) 491-SUNN or locate Virginia Beach's

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)  513-529-8525 (f)  [log in to unmask] (e)
513-523-7604 (home)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
The trouble with you is that you just can't see the truth
we'll meet at your house, have it all out
pull your clothes off, lets get this over with...
  --- R. Gates

This is what we should do, lets go to Boy Island,
book a passage for a few days in the sun, waiting and watching...
  --- D. MacMillan