CONNELLS Archives

March 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:41:47 EST
October 1987. I remember the first time I heard the Connells...driving home
from school, I heard Scotty's Lament on WHFS and was hooked. I went to the
store, bought Boylan Heights and to this day, it is probably my favorite
Connells CD. Unfortunately, I was 16 years old, had no money and couldn't get
in to some of the earliest Connells shows at the old 9:30 Club in D.C.

I finally saw my first Connells show in the summer of 1990 shortly before One
Simple Word was released. I think they have become a much better live band in
the last few years. The Weird Food tour and particularly many of the Still
Life shows were the best Connells shows I have seen.

ScottE