CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sarah Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 00:31:19 -0500
Adam Shore <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Glad to see everyone rallying to get more Connells on MTV.  It sure would
>make my job a lot eaiser.  I'll have an air date for "Maybe" on 120 on
>Tuesday.  VH1 likes the video a lot but they only play pure hits, so it's
>gonna be tough.  Does anyone watch their Crossroads show?  The way they
>decide who gets to perform on Letterman is by reading the first handful of
>slots on the Billboard Top 200.

I'd agree with that statement about 90% of the time. I'm just thinking
that, since Shawn Colvin is on Letterman tonight, and though I don't keep
up with the charts, I doubt she's in the top handful. Same with Patti
Rothberg about a month ago. But they're _great_! That's why it seems like
the Connells might have a shot.

By the way, Ad, I was wondering if dates are still being added? Just
wondering if there's still a chance they might come by State College or if
there's just no way (since Doug actually told me when they were here in
September that they _would_ be back, so I'm hoping they might, though all
the nearby cities have been played and I missed Pittsburgh the other night
since I was operating on 2 hours sleep that day and I figured that driving
2 1/2 hours back _after_ the show would be a Bad Idea). The place here for
bands like the Connells would be Crowbar, I would guess (though they played
Players last time they were here, it doesn't do live shows often anymore,
just dancing).

Sarah