CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:31:45 EDT

<< Another alternative: use an email client with filters. I highly recommend
 Eudora Light. For instance, I honestly don't care what's in anyone elses CD
 changer, so I have a filter set up so that any incoming mail that contains
 "CD changer" in any header, gets dumped right to my trash. I've cut my mail
 down by about two thirds of what it was since I discovered the power of
 filters.

the only problem with this is that people tend to post to the list by hitting
the 'reply' button after reading a message.  Very often, they don't change the
subject line of their mail (check it out, you'll see what I mean).  So, I've
learned that I can't use the subject line as a means of filtering or deleting
or ignoring.  If we rectify that problem, I have no problem with using tag
words, or anything.  I just don't know that it will happen.  Sorry for causing
trouble,
Kimberly