CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Caroline Bellach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:09:30 -0700
Wow.. where do I begin?

I was at the San Francisco with a few other listees at the Great American
Music Hall Friday.. sorry that I did not post this sooner, but I was out of
town!!

The concert was AMAZING.. it was so great! My sister and I got there a
little early and we were able to hang out with George for a while. During
the opening act, Mike, Doug, George, and Peele were all standing at the
back of the room and hardly anyone noticed them! I was pretty surprised,
but I guess a lot of people are intimidated by them. I was talking to
George about the opening band and he seemed to really like them - he even
asked them if they would be interested in opening for them again in the
fall. The lead singer was a really funky dancer and they all wore black
sgt. peppers/military like shirts.

The hall was not full but pretty close.. some people were on the balcony
rocking out and the people down below also seemed to enjoy themselves. I
was in the front row right by Mike and Dave so I could not see everyone,
but when I did turn around everyone seemed to be happy! The highlights of
the show (in my opinion) were SAL and HATS OFF. It was incredible! They
played something from EVERY album, and left hardly anything to be
requested! I was very impressed.
Some people said that the crowd was not very high in energy, but I
disagree!! I probably burned 5 million calories from dancing so much, and
my ears did not stop ringing until yesterday.
After the show a few people hung around to see the guys... Mike seemed to
be very popular! I had a great conversation with Peele, which was cool
because at the last show (House of Blues last year) I did not have a chance
to talk to him much. George ran into a friend there that used to be in a
band called "Capture the Flag" (anyone heard of them?), and a few friends
from SC were also there! We all stayed until security kicked the band out.
I think what made the show so great for me was being able to talk to the
guys for so long (except for David and Steve, who did not hang around).
They are such great guys!! Their personalities make their music ten times
better... because they are truly down to earth people.

Anyway, for those of you that get to see them on this tour, have a blast!
Its a concert that you dont want to miss this time around!

-=Caroline=-
Caroline Bellach
http://caroline.linex.com
[log in to unmask]  ICQ UIN 2332204