CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 17:37:29 -0500
Matt,

Has asked me to forward this to the list.  -Art

>Subject: Re: NEW CD INFO (fwd)
>On Mon, 22 Apr 1996, wbaccus1 wrote:
>> ------=- Information from the mail header-
>> Poster:       wbaccus1 <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject:      Re: NEW CD INFO
>>
>> >The Connells will be touring with Widespread Panic.
>>
>> UGH... what a horrible idea that is. Widespread Panic are the darlings of
>> bad fratboy music. The Connells are way too good, and way to much of a
>> power pop band for that to work out. That's almost as bad as when Cracker
>> opened for the Spin Doctors.
With all due respect, your comment regarding Widespread Panic as "fratboy
music" shows not only a lack of respect towards a group that the Connells
saw fit to tour with, but also a complete lack of understanding concerning
fraternities. Besides the fact that the type of music that one listens to
has absolutely NO affect upon membership in a fraternity, your half-baked
comment shows a predisposition to dislike what you do not understand.
Please refrain from generalizing and/or stereotyping, because it has
absolutely no place on this list.

Matt Johnson