CONNELLS Archives

October 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:00:51 -0700
--- Jack Langworthy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello everyone, I have a few thoughts to offer...
>
> Is anyone else a little disappointed in the way the Connells website
> is not
> being used to it's full potential?
I agree, Jack; only problem is:  I believe that the website is mostly
maintained by Tim Harper, and he recently got a full-time job (those of
you who have been to 'Nells shows lately might have noticed he wasn't
there, except in Chapel Hill where he lives.)  So it's probably pretty
hard for him to devote the necessary time to the website.

> Isn't the Triangle area in NC getting to be a high-tech headquarters?
>  There
> must be some fans of the band in the area who can give away some of
> their
> expertise to help them have eCommerce capabilities or bulked up
> multimedia
> applications at the site.

I think this is the best answer, and since I have recently become the
proud owner of a computer I'm going to try and learn some
web-designing.  I'm sure Black Park would be only too happy to have
someone volunteer their services! (This on top of my full-time job,
part-time job, and I'm wanting to start a Mayflies listserve, too!
What am I thinking?!;D )

> Jack
> Hoping the guys will use my name when the sing "Friendly Time"
> someday.

"...I know the Parkers and the Langworthys..."  Hey!  It works!

Who all's gonna be in Greenville, NC, tomorrow night?  Look for me,
Wes, Erica, and Lisa!  You all know where to find me...in "My Spot"!

=====
Dede

"...I asked Mike Watt if he ever got bored with playing rock and roll. I mean,
there are only so many chords to choose from. His answer[...] 'The English
language has only 26 letters, but look at all the great books that have been
written with it.' "--Chris Murtland