CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"I. R. Cakes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:13:45 -0700
art

that last e-mail should say strand not manos.

how is the new soul asylum.  i have hang time, and the horse, and grave dancers union.

hope everything is well in oxford,
ant

---
"this is a mockery, this is a sham, THIS IS BULLSHIT!" - rosie o'donnell
http://www.geocities.com/~gefkens

>I have been reading with interest what everyone is listening to.  Here's
>what I have in my cd player lately:
>
>1.  Still Life - The Connells (I really don't like George's songs but love
>everything else, I know I am one of the few who while I like George his
>songs they haven't moved me the way that Mike's have.)
>2.  Bare Naked Ladies - Rock Spectacle (ok, I know they're goofy but that
>'good boy' song is just freakin' incredible)
>3.  The Spinanes - Manos (and then I put in...) Strand (if you don't own
>these...run to your finer record store and buy them.  Rebecca Gates is an
>incredible guitar player)
>4.  Soul Asylum - Candy from a Stranger (then I put in...) Hang Time (the
>best SA)
>5.  Son Volt - Trace (I don't like it as much as Uncle Tupelo but Jay Farar
>is a great song writer)
>6.  Richard Thompson Band - Live 1994:  Between Two Words (Thompson is the
>best living guitar player in the world, if any of you do not own "shoot out
>the lights" go buy it.  One of the neatest moments in my life was
>interviewing Thompson when "Ring" was out and him pulling a copy of the CD
>out and saying that he was enjoying these guys from North Carolina!)
>
>Well, that's enough from me.  -Art
>
>Art Jipson
>Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
>Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
>513-529-2637 (o)  513-529-8525 (f)  [log in to unmask] (e)
>Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
>Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
>"Its dull, brown, and grey/its like all the things we do/that don't
>go away" & "Words, shattered words and it all amounts to nothing/
>it sounds, it just sounds, a little phony"- M. Connell

Get your FREE, private e-mail
account at http://www.mailcity.com