CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Colin Law <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 21:44:54 -0500
finally found Still Life in Houston :-)

and once again, I am somewhat disappointed with a new Connells album.  for
me, I don't care how "solid" an album is, and this album is unmistakenly
the Connells sound...BUT...no hook grabbin' tunes on this new one either.
and Mike swore to me that it would have a Stone Cold Yesterday for sure
this time around :-(

but what a really really great instrumental "Pedro Says" is at the end.
can you say Love Tractor?  I'd love to ask them about how Love Tractorish
it sounds.  its great! and worth the price of the disc for me.

Colin Law                |         "They say that dreams always end"
[log in to unmask]    |                           - Ian Curtis
http://slashmc.rice.edu/ |              "Dreams never end..."
Dept of Space Physics    |                           - New Order
Rice University          |             visit the CEREMONY web site
713-527-8750 x3644       |  http://slashmc.rice.edu/ceremony/ceremony.html