CONNELLS Archives

October 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 14:49:45 -0500
A request for help.

-Art
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Gareth Dew on Sat, Oct 19, 1996 3:06 PM
Subject: Boylan Heights

Dear Art,

A friend has printed out 11 Boylan Heights digests for me.  I am an
English fan of the Connells, frustrated by the total lack of any
information over here.  As I donit have access to the Internet myself,  I
am asking this friend to submit this letter and hopefully he can print
out further digests so that I can see the response.  However, should any
Connell fan wish to correspond with me direct, my address is:

Anna Northrop-Smith,
5, Norfolk Place,
Chapel Allerton,
Leeds.  LS7 4PT.
West Yorkshire.  England.

After the success of i74 - 75i in this country I cannot believe a record
company which has not provided any follow-up material, either in record
releases or publicity.  What a missed opportunity, and business-wise,
complete idiocy!

I have eRingi and eDarker Daysi, and the CD single i74 - 75i which
includes the track eFun & Gamesi, a favourite of mine, but the album is
now deleted over here (and I only saw it once at an extortionate import
price).  So if any Connells fans in the States can give me information,
interview material; bootleg and T shirt availability, etc, I would be
very grateful.  I am 35, divorced with one daughter, have a BA degree in
Leisure Studies and think David Connell is my favourite member of the
band because he seems very creative.  My fantasy is to see the Connells
play the Irish Centre in Leeds (a small accessible club) as to me their
music sounds as though it should be listened to live.

OK, thatis about itOOOOO..hope this reaches you all right and I look
forward to some response.  Thanks,

Anna.