CONNELLS Archives

February 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeff Janoska <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:24:59 EST
Well Dede,

I couldn't believe it!  The band played the entire Darker Days album and Doug did the encore, all requests, in the nude.  After the show Steve took us all out for ice cream.......

Overall impression - good show.  Second half one of the best I have seen.  First half - so/so.  Band came out and played a bunch of their slower stuff all in a row.  I don't think this set list works and while I really do love the song "Still Life,"  it simply sucks the life out of the crowd.

Sound mix was different - not better, not worse.  We could hear the vocals, but the drums weren't as intense.  I also was sitting in row M instead of row C.  I wonder if that's it?

Got to stop taking people who don't know if they like the band to shows.  Nothing sucks the life out of a concert as being next to a couple of people who are not having a good time.

98% of the crowd was dead.  One group, however, were having a great time and at one point yelled to DOug "You Sexy Man!  You Sexy Man!"  And that almost ended the show because he was laughing so hard.

These folks organized a conga line for the last couple of songs.  During "Stone, Cold, Yesterday" a couple of girls stormed the stage and did a go-go dance on either side of Steve.  The band seemed to be really enjoying the last couple of songs.

For the encore - Doug came out and started singing "Just Because" by 10CC.  (Just because, I call you up.  That doesn't mean you mean that much to me....)  In honor of Valentine's Day.  "That song was by a band called 10CC.  You'd know that if you were as old as me."

Don't know if I'm going to Bawlmer.  I'm beat and the band doesn't come on until 11PM tonight (I think).  I'm getting old.

Set list, pretty much same songs, different order.  What do I remember?  Hmmm  (No particular order...)

Over There (First song out of the box.  I love it, but I think the first song of a concert should be a fast, up-tempo song.  Just MHO.)
A Bust (?)
Still Life
Hey You
Leper
31
Crown
Back in Blighty - I _REALLY_ like this song (Christ Almighty, we're back in Blighty...)
Doing you
?  - I didn't right this one down, again!  I think it's "Unusual"
Gladiator Heart - Again, Mike started singing 2 lines of the first verse, Doug picked it up.
New Boy
'74-'75
My Baby
Slackjawed