CONNELLS Archives

October 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jack Langworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:45:40 -0400
Hello everyone, I have a few thoughts to offer...

Is anyone else a little disappointed in the way the Connells website is not
being used to it's full potential?  It could be used to help build the brand
of "The Connells" all on its own.  I know money doesn't grow on trees, but
if a site like "Aint It Cool News" can make it's founder, Harry Knowles,
semi-famous --well shit--maybe it can help the band get some attention.
Maybe whatever company that signs the guys can use the medium of the
internet to build them up.

What would I like to see?

How about using that digital camera I saw Steve Potak had last tour to give
us fresh looks into what they're up to?

How about offering snippets of new stuff via the MP3 format to create a buzz
for the tunes, at least with it's core fans.  How many times did you listen
to the 3 songs that were offered to us before the release of Still Life?  Or
take song(s) that they don't mind offering up as an experiment & give them
away off of their site?  OR use the MP3.com site (which I'm not yet a big
fan of, until they get better content) to get some attention?

I would buy stuff off of the site if I didn't own most of it already.  How
about some fresh stuff available from the web site only?

Isn't the Triangle area in NC getting to be a high-tech headquarters?  There
must be some fans of the band in the area who can give away some of their
expertise to help them have eCommerce capabilities or bulked up multimedia
applications at the site.

I'm throwing this out to everyone to see if there are any reactions.  I hope
you all have thoughts on this & I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Jack
Hoping the guys will use my name when the sing "Friendly Time" someday.