CONNELLS Archives

February 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Beth Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:08:34 -0500
Well, okay, so it's a bit belated, but here goes.
I'm 26, and have been a fan since about 1991 or so, when the general
manager at the college radio station I worked at gave out a bunch of CD's
at a meeting. I saw a copy of 'Fun & Games' there, and picked it up for
the sole reason that my last name is also Connell. I found I loved the CD,
and have been hooked ever since. An interesting note: when I bought Boylan
Heights, I was a bit flabbergasted - turns out that I actually /had/ heard
them before getting that copy of Fun & Games: WBNY (the station I worked
at) had played that album a /lot/, and since I was a listener before I
worked there, I had indeed heard the Connells.
I've seen them twice so far, but missed them on the WFAD tour when they
were nearby. I should probably see if I can get my new address put on the
mailing list instead of my parents address. 20 minutes away and my folks
keep forgetting to tell me when I get mail there. :P
Beth

    <*> [log in to unmask] <*> http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire <*>
  Memo to myself. Do the dumb things I gotta do. Touch the puppet head.
                        - They Might Be Giants
              <*> I am a fish. I am a fish. I am a fish. <*>