CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tim Horrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 01:13:56 -0400
I feel a little luckier.  Up here in the Uppr Valley of the Connecticut River
we at least have one or two decent rock stations (plus two NPR outlets!)
 Strangely, I first got into the Connells over the radio, because
"Slackjawed" was placed on heavy rotation on 99 Rock here in Hanover (which
is the dartmouth student station but is a commercial AM-FM outlet with ads
and a format and everything.  Their only concession to being a college
station is that they do follow the college-radio tradition of only hiring
squeaky-voiced newsreaders who speak in halting monotones and stumble over
all the proper nouns in the wire-service copy.  Otherwise, they are a
professional commercial station.)

Anyway, "Slackjawed" came along when I was in a particularly romantically
despairing mood, and I was made a fan...

--Tim Horrigan