CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 09:13:23 -0500
I read with interest Melissa McKelvey's message asserting that
activity on the Connells mail list has been "pretty dead." I just
joined it late yesterday afternoon, and by this morning had already
received three messages (of which Melissa's was the second). Just
coincidence? Mebbie so. In the interest of furthering electronic
voyeurism, here is my story: I'm 33 (I was 23 only last year, or so
it seems), a software developer in the Dallas area, and a new fan of
The Connells. In fact, I only have one CD of theirs, "Ring." I
became interested in the band after seeing their "74 - 75" video on
one of those Rock Video Monthly tapes. I happily stumbled across
their Web home page yesterday while browsing too deeply. I also like
(older) REM, as well as Toad The Wet Sprocket, Letters to Cleo,
Eve's Plum, The MM Bosstones, Texas (you know, the ones from
Scotland), and 10000 Maniacs, among others. I guess I tend to favor
groups with good female vocalists. I also still like a few of the
bands I grew up with in the seventies, like Kansas, Toto, Chicago,
Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult and (pre-1987) Dan Fogelberg.

Does anyone know how I can get my hands on VHS copies of some of the
Connells other videos (besides the one mentioned above)? I mean
hi-fi videos, of course, not mono bootlegs. And what about concert
tours outside the East Coast college circuit? Do they ever come to
Dallas?