CONNELLS Archives

July 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 1995 15:24:08 -0500
* Presentation of another freaked fan *

Greetings,

I'm a quite new, compared with lots of you guys, fan of the Connells. I heard
them on MTV a couple of months ago. I guess it was one of the first times
they
played '74-'75 here in Europe when I heard it. I was stunned by that song.
Since music is one of my greatest interests in life, still I don't play any
instrument, I was determined to get that CD. I called my best friend to check
out whether he had the record or not. The answer was negative. I kept asking
around, nobody had ever heard of the Connells. However, the other day me and
couple of friends went to Gothenburg, to a great record store called
Skivhugget.

To my satisfaction I found "Ring" (European version: contains following bonus
tracks: Logan Street, Wonder Why and Living in the Past) and I was very eager
to get home in order to listen to the album. I wasn't disappointed finally at
home listening to the record. I felt so angry with myself, why hadn't I
discovered this group earlier? I mean, they really have no competition! So, a
few days later I got my hands on Darker Days, Boylan Heights and Fun & Games
- all of these records were found at Skivhugget, which had imported them
directly from US. Today the list has been added with the New Boy EP (or
rather
CD) and the CD-single of '74-'75.

Well, as I said I discovered them a couple of months ago and now I'm just
missing "One Simple Word". I'm having a real hard time getting my hands on
that
album.

However, I guess I should introduce myself to you guys.

On the 31st of August -74 a dude called Joakim Nil#233#n, I guess that's me, was
born in Sweden. He played table tennis and skateboarded from age 10 to 16,
during this time he listened to stuff like for example Jesus Jones and Run
DMC.
(Until age of 9 he didn't listen to anything else than Elvis... :) )

Well, after graduating from studying economics at age 21 he took a one year
class in order to fill the gap between the econ. studies and the start of the
military service (in Sweden all men have to do it) on the last of July -95.

So this is where I am now, I'm going to join the M. S in about a week. After
completing that boring part of life I'm going to apply to a university. My
favourite subjects in school are: Swedish, English and Psychology. As I said
earlier I'm into music a lot and some of my favourites are: (I don't have to
mention the Connells I guess...) R.E.M., Nirvana, Cranberries, Suede,
Beatles,
Chopin, Strauss, Depeche Mode, Levellers, Cure and Mazzy Star to mention a
few.
Besides music I also enjoy reading and writing quite a bit. My favourite
author
is Franz Kafka. Others worth mentioning are: A C Clarke, C Sagan, J R R
Tolkien, D Adams and W Gibson.

Besides the things above I spend some time behind the computer, but this
doesn't mean I'm living life indoors. I also enjoy playing floorball,
basketball and soccer. Lately, I've been skateboarding a bit as well. I
haven't
done that since about five or six years ago and my parents consider it as
rather childish. Well, I don't care, it's fun...

Well, there was some facts about me. Much of it probably was boring, still it
gives you some info of who I am, etc. If there's anything you're wondering
about, feel free to ask.

Take care.

Yours sincerely,

Joakim Nil#233#n    e-mail: [log in to unmask]  fidonet: 2:203/423.74