CONNELLS Archives

October 1997

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Art Jipson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:49:27 -0500
Hello everyone,

The videos are progressing.  I felt that I had to respond to Steve's post.
I received the tapes later than I expected and had to put them off.  I just
finished third year review (which for the non-academics in the audience, is
a massive waste of time where you tell everyone why you are so valuable to
the department).  I should have some tapes ready to go to branches this
weekend.  I apolagize for the delay, but its a good thing that I keep this
job. So...that came first.  I am also trying to dub each one separately
rather than run them off so the quality should be higher than if I made one
and dubbed them all off of that.  I have also added a short concert from
German TV that I received (after converting it from PAL), so believe me --
your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks.

-Art

>Hey all,
>
>I have been gone from this list for about four weeks, due entirely to
>circumstances beyond my control, but I'm back now (at least I think I am --
>I sent a LISTSERV command over 24 hours ago that I still haven't gotten a
>response to, so I can't be sure of my status).
>
>I was surprised to learn that the branches still haven't gotten their
>copies of the Connells video collection.  I sent the blank tapes to the
>master tape owner several weeks ago, in mid- to late-September.  The last
>word I had from him before that was that he was ready to start dubbing as
>soon as he got the blanks.
>
>I have sent him a message asking for a status report, and will continue
>to follow up until I find something out.
>
>I hear from the branches that some of you are starting to get antsy about
>the tree -- wondering why you haven't gotten your tapes yet.  Frankly, I
>don't blame you.  I would react exactly the same way in your place.  All I
>can say is that the tree hasn't fallen by the wayside, that I am continuing
>to pursue it, and I will let you know as soon as I hear something.
>
>Sorry about the delay.  When I signed off the list four weeks ago, I was
>sure leaves would have started getting their tapes by now.  Please be
>patient.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve
>
>------------------------------
>
>End of CONNELLS Digest - 20 Oct 1997 to 22 Oct 1997

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)
513-529-8525 (f)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
NCSA:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/NCSA.htmlx
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
   "Didn't I say sorry, Didn't I say dear, Didn't I consider, Didn't I
stand clear..."
        - M. Connell, The Connells
   "Claiming stupidness for daring..." -R. Gates, The Spinanes