CONNELLS Archives

March 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 11:57:32 -0800
---Chyral <[log in to unmask]> warbles:

> Hey hey my my,
Umm, the King is gone but he's not forgotten?

> A reminder.... if anyone is considering leaving the list because of
the volume
> of posts,
Oh, yeah, talk about a volume of posts!  Whew!  Is there some major
traffic on this list or what?!  There've been as many as TEN POSTS A
DAY!!!  Stop the madness!

> Re Mr. C. Blows' comment that _WFAD_ is "universally reviled" by fan
and band
> alike..... is this truly the case?
Unfortunately, I have heard band members and fans alike refer to WFAD
as "that piece of [scatalogical expletive of your choice here]."  I
myself agree with Mr. Blows and "Hippie Chick" Chyral that, while it
isn't the most accessible album that the guys have ever done, it does
have its strong points.  I'll be the first to say completely
unembarrassed that I don't think they've ever done anything *bad*,
just some things not as well as others.  Every album has what I like
to call "throwaway songs"; songs that I wouldn't miss if they'd been
left off.  WFAD just has more of those type songs than the other
albums.  But I LIKE WFAD, dammit!

>... and damn, those
> boys can ROCK!  :)
Amen, sister!
==

Dede
"Out of boredom/ I decided/ I'd get with it"--MCC