CONNELLS Archives

May 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
William Cross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 May 1996 16:43:39 -0600
On Brainjunk, Peele Wimberly played drums on some of the songs, but Mike, David
 and Doug did
not apear. I thought that Brainjunk was a pretty good CD and similar in sound to
 George's
songs on the previous Connells releases.

Also, i was reading an old Request magazine, the Beatles Anthology collectors
 edition, and
noticed that George Huntley was asked to the influence of the Beatles on his
 life.  Among the
other luminaries as PM Dawn, Matthew Sweet and Neil Diamond.  Unfortunately
 George was not
identified as part of the Connells, but thats probably a metaphor for the
 Connells whole
career.

George said, "I was raised on the Beatles.  They are like a blizzard in
 Raleigh--rare but
magnificent events in my life.  Me and my buddies used to sit around like smoked
 cheese,
listening to Sgt. Peppers, saying 'Did you hear that?'"

Bill Cross

Check out these cool bands

1. Small from Chapel Hill, NC
2. the Delilahs from Minneapolis