CONNELLS Archives

February 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 05:18:52 -0800
--- Angela Spring <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dede is right...the Mayflies rock. I heard part of their soundcheck
> while I
> was standing outside in the mist.  I also had an interesting
> conversation
> with the guy who was selling the CDs.  Good deal.

That's Ian...he's a sweetheart.

> The club is a touch smaller than I had anticipated but there was a
> cozy
> crowd (some more cozy than others...I'm hoping that no one on the
> list was
> the drunk girl standing in front of Mike who got a <little> bit too
> close to
> <everyone> standing there...she apparently had a thing for Mike and
> kept
> trying to share her beer with him. There's a story for you

Last time in Nashville, there was this girl who was just
*hammered*--honestly, I don't see how she kept on her feet--and she had
a thing for Mike.  Her name was Julie, I think.  I bet this was she.

> ? (all I could make out was a line about your favorite Teenage
> Fanclub
> song...Dede, help me out here)

That's the new one "Bust" that I've been ravin' and droolin' over.

> ? (I don't have a clue on this one)

Probably "31", but they've been changing the set around so I don't
know.

> Rusted

This is "Rusted Fields"--they didn't do it in Columbia or Knoxville
'cause Mike didn't seem to feel it was working well.  I'm glad they've
started doing it again.

> Here Comes My Baby (with help from one of the Mayflies)

That would be Matt McMichaels--a total hottie!

> Encore:
> Pawns

PAWNS?!?!  What th' fuck?!?!  *I* want "Pawns"!  Dammit!  All the cool
songs get played when I'm not there!

> "Deirdre," I did not get a chance to speak with "Thompson" but did
> get a
> chance to say hello to "Lance." I'm not entirely sure that he
> remembered me
> and the opportunity did not arise to make an explanation...it was
> almost one
> and he was pretty beat.  Please tell him I said hello when you see
> him in
> Athens.

I will definitely do so, "Britney".  Take care and thanx so much of the run-down!

=====
Dede

"Did it almost make you feel
that something's gotta happen soon?