CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
John Haramis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:14:55 -0400
I was doing some traveling this weekend and had a chance to listen to both
albums again uninterrupted front-to-back.  The main observation I walked
away with was that WFAD is highly underrated by many on the list.  I think
even I underestimated how truly good it is...even the ever-bashed "Adjective
Song" and "Friendly Time".  "Friendly Time" actually reminds me of the
Beatles' "Cry Baby Cry".

The other observation I made...and this was brought up Randy Simmons and
Steven Cain back in early June...is that the keyboards on Still Life are a
bit much at times.  Don't get me wrong, I really do like the album, but I
find the mix on WFAD to be a little bit better.  Maybe that's 'cause I'm a
guitar player...or according to Steve Potak in one of his interviews, a
frustrated keyboard player!  (He was so right on that point, by the way,
when he said you get so far along on one instrument that it's too much of a
chore to start another.)

One other thing, for some strange reason I got about 15 messages from the
list all at once today.  I suspect that the Virginia Tech e-mail server is
having some problems.  Has anyone who sent a message gotten anything bounced
back with my address on it?  Just curious.  Also, to anyone having trouble
unsubscribing from this list, you have to send the unsub message to the
listserv admin address using the address you subscribed with as the return
address.  Check the messages you receive from the list to see what that
address is, then change it in your e-mail program.  Another way to check
this is to REVIEW the list.  In any case, I'll continue to unsub anyone that
is having a problem.

John