CONNELLS Archives

February 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Gordon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:35:38 -0500
"Glade" is one of those songs, like "Just Like That" on WFAD, which made me bury
my head in my hands and say "what are you guys thinking?"  Sometimes novelty
seems to be used in Connells music just for novelty's sake.  Did we really need
the background vocals in "Just Like That" or the bizarre bird calls in "Glade"?
I say no.  They are both very good songs which were trivialized by those added
corny sound effects.

GORDON

"Did it turn our stale, or did it simply lose it's wonder.....?"