CONNELLS Archives

February 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:07:13 EST
Whilst engaging in some insomnia-induced search engine tom-foolery, I
"discovered" that Alta Vista has a translation feature..... it's new, I think,
and it can be used to convert text in a number of foreign languages to English
(sort of).  Anyway, here's a German review of WFAD (original text at
http://www.cybermusic.de/archiv/connells.htm).

"The Connells
Weird Food & Devastation
Age nation / Intercord

Not only the Brit Pop of tape such as Oasis or Blur enjoys of large
popularity, also the atmospheric sound of US college of the Connells has an
enormous fan municipality. After its Big hit " the Sextett from Raleigh, North
Carolina the long-waited successor submits 74-75 ". Irresistible Pop melodies
and obliging/pleasing rhythms are served, with which the rule accesses already
times more beherzter into the guitar strings (" Let It Go "). Exzellente
Songwriter Qualtitaeten The Connells in any case have. "

To the rest of the enormous fan municipality I pose this question: was that
funny, or do I need to get some sleep?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ,
Cheryl

In the changer, on shuffle play, are the obliging/pleasing rhythms of:

The Connells- Boylan Heights
The Go-Betweens- Liberty Belle and the black diamond express
Lloyd Cole & the Commotions- Rattlesnakes
The Reivers-  Pop Beloved
The Posies-  Dear 23