CONNELLS Archives

April 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bill Drummer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 22:11:19 -0500
John Haramis wrote:

> I grew up in northwest NJ (Sussex County) and introduced all my friends up
> there to the Connells once I came to school in Virginia way back in '89.  We
> made a couple trips to see them at The Fast Lane (?) in Asbury Park.  It's
> been a long time since I've been up back because I still remember when WXRK
> was Howard Stern and lots of classic rock.  When did they make the format
> change?  Maybe I can send them my bands disc.  Guess the baby boomers don't
> listen to the radio anymore or something.
>
> John
> http://www.midwaymusic.com

I guess it was last year that New York's modern rock station (B103?) went to
classic rock, and K-Rock (Still Howard Stern, but now a CBS affiliate) went from
classic rock to modern rock. Odd, isn't it? Philly's alternative rock station
(WDRE) went to R&B when there were like five stations in that format. There's a
good new alternative station, The Max. Any Philly area Connells fans out there?
Call The Max; I bet they'd play the Connells.

It's going to be so cool when people start seeing the Connells at shows again. I
bet there will be dozens of stories after each gig!

-Bill