CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steven Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:41:00 EDT
It's been very entertaining reading all the concert comments
from folks who've heard the 'Nells do "Cruel To Be Kind" in
their recent shows.

I, too, heard this song performed live just this past Saturday
night, but it wasn't the Connells doing it.  It was The Very
Man Himself, Nick Lowe, who put on a killer show at Deep Ellum
Live in Dallas.  It was the first time I've ever seen him
live and tons o' fun were had by all.  The crowd was very
diverse age-wise, running from a few who were obviously not
much over 20 (if at all) to people clearly in their 40's
(Nick himself is 49).

I noticed on his keyboardist's website that Nick has upcoming
shows in Atlanta, Chicago and New York, among other places
(I believe the 9:30 Club in D.C. was one of them, but I can't
remember if that show's already happened or not).  If you
can get to one of these shows, I'd urge you to do so.  It's
worth it if for no other reason than to see all the old coots
who've been fans of his for 20 years or more getting crazy when
he plays familiar standbys like "(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace
Love and Understanding", "Cruel To Be Kind" and "I Knew The
Bride".

Enough,

Steve