CONNELLS Archives

May 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 1996 10:33:12 -0500
Yesterday I saw the FIRST mention of the Connells I have read in
the press that was not in a specifically Connellian context (i.e,
no one would be surprised by a mention of the band in an article
that someone posted to this mailing list) *AND* in a place where I
was not actively seeking out ink about The Connells.

I am on an e-mailing list for the Chicago-based band The Gufs,
and yesterday I received a message that contained an article
about that band from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel dated October
13, 1993. The article contained the sentence:

   Hints of Toad the Wet Sprocket, The Connells, and yes, some REM,
   are heard throughout The Gufs' original material.

I thought that was pretty cool. I think the reviewer placed The
Connells in some very distinguished company. This is not the first
time I have heard The Gufs compared to The Connells (inaccurately,
I think), but the other times were all on the Connells mailing
list.

Anybody know of any past issues of Rolling Stone or other nationally-
distributed music mags that contain feature articles on our
favorite band?

--Steve