CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dana McCall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 19:55:37 -0400
Thanks for the wrap up. I was impressed when in June I heard 95FM (??)
proclaiming that this, not Peter Murphy, is their crem de la crem concert
of the summer.
   As for the classic rock covers, I am embarrassed that the C's would
stoop to playing such an overwrought song sung by such a redneck. That
goes for all modern rock groups covering classic rock: we are SICK of it!
Some of those songs were great, but not great enough to hear them EACH
1000x. The Joker; uuugghh. I may be a little bitter because Raleigh, the
home of the Connells, is the largest city in America lacking an
alternative station. Up and down the dial it's top 40 a classic rock.
Living in the Past... Get on with it. Back in 1978 The Cars were "too
wierd" for popular music as was Talking Heads. Now it makes me ill to
think of them. Get on with it!

Dana McCall
Chapel Hill