CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steve Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 11:03:00 -0500
I just got the "New Boy" EP. Great! I found it at, of all places, the
local mega-chain, Blockbuster Music. It was even on sale.

I especially enjoyed the cover of "Living In The Past" (I know I run
the risk of reviving that whole AOR/70s flame war by saying that,
but please refrain, folks). I was a major Jethro Tull fan about
15 years ago, and that tune was always one of my faves.

I thought the photo of the band on the back of the insert was a
little cheesy. Or was that deliberate, as an expression of the raw,
unprocessed feeling that alternative is supposed to promote? If so,
forgive my naivete.

Does anyone know the significance of the front cover photo? Or is there
any?

Steve Cain