CONNELLS Archives

August 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jack Langworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:47:51 -0400
Sorry to say that I've had no trouble at all loading the software at both
the office & at home.  As to favorite albums, I find it difficult to say one
is better than another because my tastes change over time.  F&G has so many
great songs on it but it sure sounds dated to me sometimes.  But I still dig
it big time.  Boylean Heights continues to hold strong with each listen, but
still, some of those sound very "early 80's-- and not in the most
complementary of ways.

For me, the only opinion that matters is mine & the people who have earned
my respect through my interaction and experience with them.  If someone
hated Still Life --I'd think they're totally fucked because it's an
excellent album ;)-- I want them to bring up their opinions, but I'll want
them to defend their opinions in an intelligent manner.  This list has been
dead lately so most discussions are a good thing.

On the subject of the guys waking up to the net, this isn't the band's first
foray onto it  Remember that they offered 3 songs from the album on the TVT
web site.  It shocked me SL didn't sell more copies.

IMHO on the choice of Rusted Fields as an intro, I'm like Dede... give me a
really thoughtful, introspective, intelligent song about love, lost love,
regret, heart ache & I'm pretty happy.  Mike, Doug & George write songs like
this as well as anyone, especially Mike.  When you all get a taste of the
faster songs on the new album, I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Jack