CONNELLS Archives

July 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 13:53:18 -0500
Hey Folks!

The list has been pretty quiet lately.  We need some threads to get the
conversation going.  I suggest some ideas for discussion:

1.  Can we expect any changes with the Connells given their European success?
 Maybe more US success?  Different management strategies?  Less touring in
the US?

I would think that the guys will spend more time away from us,
sniff...sniff...

2.  What are people's expectations of George's lp?  Are people excited?
Bored?  We would people like to see a Doug solo project?

I have to admit that I am looking forward to it.  I am not quite sure what to
expect after the TVT dislike and remixing...any clues out there?

3.  Post them reviews and comments.  We should add to the web page as well.
Although, 'hats off' to Bob Jones on putting together a great page!
Plenty of 'Attaboys to Bob!

4.  Anyone have any recent news?  I can't raise anyone at black park.  I know
that Sharon at BP is now involved with Son Volt (which is a band that if you
don't know about--go check out Uncle Tupelo and Wilco).

5.  Can the Connells ever make it BIG (or at least bigger?)?

I know that we would all like to think so but remember the Replacements never
received much success.

6.  Does anyone have any info on the band Johnny Quest that Peele was in
before the Connells?  I know nothing about this band?

Well, those are just a few suggestions.  I will post some more of my own
comments on these questions in a few days.

-Art

Art Jipson, Connells list manager
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637
http://www.lib.muohio.edu/~skimmel/jipson/jipsonpage.html
Ask me about the Connells & Teamster listserv lists