CONNELLS Archives

July 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jipson Art <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:04:58 -0500
Hello!

Just heard fifth fret for the first time!  Yippee!  New Connells!  Ok, I know
that I am excited...  I was wondering if other people have heard it?  At
first, I did even recognize it as a Connells song.  Although, I heard it on my
car stereo which is a bit substandard.  The song has some neat overdubs to it
--esp. some of the melody parts that Doug sings under the main line.

Well, I think that we all need to start requesting the song and the video.
How about everyone promises to call once or twice a day into radio stations?
And sending e-mail to 120 minutes and MTV?  I am going to start requesting.
Think about this, there are over 150 people on this list.  We all start
requesting and convince our friends to do the same and we can have an effect
of over 300+ people.  It can't hurt folks.  I mean, the Connells should be
huge.  Let's take a few minutes out of our day to help the band that has given
so much to us.  I don't mean to sound trite but in radio - the playlist is
god.  If we can influence it just a little, that might translate into more
overall airplay.

What do you think?

-Art
anxiously awaiting August 20th with baited breath...

Art Jipson
Department of Sociology, Gerontology, and Anthropology
Upham Hall
Miami University
Oxford, Ohio 45056
513-529-2637 (o)
513-529-2628 (d)
513-529-8525 (f)
Me:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson
NCSA:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/NCSA.htmlx
Connells:  http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~ajjipson/connells.htmlx
   "What goes wrong, your causing it." - J. Farrar