CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 11:48:58 -0400
Hi all,
Yesterday George Huntley stopped by a local radio station (WHTG 106.3) here
in Eatontown NJ for a brief interview.  He performed two songs in the studio.
 I didn't hear the first song but the second was Catch Fire which he played
on a 12-string.  It was amazing!  I was hoping he might be playing in the
area but he wasn't.  They (George & the DJ) were talking about the
possibility of the Connells headlining the annual Surf-Stock Beach Party.
 This is an excellent day of fun, sun and music held at Ortley Beach NJ and
sponsered by WHTG.  The bands play on a stage setup directly on the beach.
They usually get good bands.  It would be fantastic if  the Connells play
this year.  There's nothing like hanging on the beach, drinking a few cold
beers and listening to great music.  I'll let you know if anything else
developes.

See ya,
Glenn