CONNELLS Archives

June 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Steven Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:35:00 CDT
I think it might help matters if anyone who posts a non-Connells-related
message just puts "non-Connells-related" in the subject line.  That
way Kimberly, or anyone else who doesn't care to read off-the-main-
subject posts, can delete the message without even opening it, and
hopefully save some time.

Having said that, I want to encourage everybody to read even the
non-Connells-related stuff.  I have found out about a great many really
cool things from this list that had nothing to do with the Connells,
that I never would have heard about had I not been on this list.
The Gufs, for example, which are now one of my favorite bands -- first
heard about 'em right here.

Having said THAT, I'll now say that I have seen a great number of private
conversations taking place on this list that should be taken offline.
Chatting with another list member by posting to the listserv kind of
reminds me of the scene in "As Good As It Gets" where Jack Nicholson
shouts his dinner order to a waiter who is standing at a table halfway
across the room.  Occasionally people post private messages to the list
accidentally, but this is understandable and tolerable within reasonable
limits, especially when followed up with an appropriately sheepish
apology.  :)

Let's be friends here dammit,

Steve