CONNELLS Archives

January 1999

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dede Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:39:53 -0800
Folks, this is the kind of activity I like to see!!  I passed on
everyone's "more kick-ass songs" remarks to those concerned--maybe
ya'll see a change.

Re: Steve--Now, I love Steve to death and, onstage, he sometimes
one-ups the King of Cool himself, DougieMac; but I have to say that on
some songs on the albums...just some, mind you...I find the keyboards
to be a bit intrusive.  Like a keyboard part was just written to give
Steve something to do.  Having been a fan of the band since *before*
they had a keyboard player, I wonder if that might be the case.
'Cause not every song used to have keyboards, y'know.

I, too, like to hear some hard-core jammin' sometimes.  I begged the
guys to do "Take A Bow" (the hard-core jammin'-est song they've ever
done) at the Cat's Cradle show, but the general consensus was that
Doug wasn't up to it.  And some of you will notice how some of the
older songs have been transposed down a half- or full step to
accomodate Doug's vocal chords.  *sigh* What a drag it is getting old.;)

Take care, all!
==
Dede

"I'm asleep and awake at the same time;
Not a drunk driver, just a driver.
Just here for the brand new licorice asphalt.
Get off, out of courtesy, Elm St. crawlers
And leave crazy men room to die."--S.Miller