CONNELLS Archives

July 1998

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 20:44:12 EDT
Well, I am back from Raleigh and I agree, it was one of  the best Connells
shows that I have ever seen too.  It was great hanging out with the list folks
during the show Dede, Lisa, Erica and Cheryl-- you guys are the coolest,
thanks for a fun day!! Hope Stingrays was fun, I had to eat, actually I had to
get some food into the big guy or this morning wouldve been ugly !!    I met
numerous other people, Kevin Ring, Scott (I hope that your friend found her
husband),  Oasis Boy, Joe the intern and everyone else.... The venue was
awesome, bring your own beer, plus the laid back atmosphere &  the prime
location of our spot right up on the stage.  As much as I love the boathouse
in Norfolk, this ampitheater was just great!!  The opening album of the guy
that sang the Nirvana song and Sweet Home Alabama was about the funniest thing
I had heard in my life!!! The 2 opening bands were great, Six String Drag and
especially Hobex.
    As someone else said, the band was really moving around last night, I
think Steve won the kcal burning contest!! They played for almost 2 hours.  I
think that one of the highlights of the night was the trumpet player in "Over
There" .  The only other time that I heard a horn part was many years ago when
Donkey opened, and their trombone dude played the part!!  Of course, I was
stoked to hear Sal, since they didnt play it in Norfolk.  We hung out for a
little bit after the show,  which was a blast (thanks again) as my husband
helped clear out the ampitheater ha ha ha !!!!  Altogether a great day, hope
to hit another road trip this summer.  Hope everyone has a good week!
Beth
_______

Beth Gerstein, MS,RD
Cardiac Rehab/Heart Transplant Dietitian
Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
600 Gresham Drive
Norfolk, VA 23507
"Thank you very much, Polly Prissy-Pants!"