CONNELLS Archives

August 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 10:17:08 -0500
On Aug 24,  6:24pm, Lee Collins wrote:
> Subject: Re: Missing songs?
>
> "Brown" is a much better song than "Adj.Song", which is the worse
> Connells song ever, IMO...

What a potential thread of discussion!  Somebody else labelled one
of the new songs "the only Connells song I can't bear to listen
to" (I deleted the message, so I can't tell you who it was).

Everybody -- what Connells song can you absolutely not bear to listen
to?  We've already got one vote for "Adjective Song".  I'll cast my
ballot for "Burden" -- I ALWAYS hit the track skip button when it comes
on.

--Steve

P.S.  I've listened to WFAD several times now, and it's DEFINITELY
growing on me.  I agree with whoever said that on first listen, it
seems completely different from their normal sound, but on repeated
listenings, the old familiar patterns start coming through.  I don't
think "Fifth Fret" should have been the U.S. single, though.  "Maybe,"
the European single (wasn't it?), would have been better, although
I like "Start," "Any," "Smoke" and "Pretty Rough" at least as much.