CONNELLS Archives

August 2000

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jarratt Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:52:37 -0400
About Rusted Fields. It doesn't jump out at me.  The other songs I have
heard live would be much better choice for a single.  I don't care for the
MusicPak format, while I can understand the decision to use it.  The format
at least for the moment offers the artist more control of their music and
keeps it off napster.  Also does anybody find it strange that in the
MusicPak and nowhere on the website is the Darker Days album cover.  It is
like the band doesn't recognize the album as their work.  I know most of the
band members don't care for the album, but I think it should be recognized.

Any idea of how many songs will be on the new album?  Personally I like to
here two or three songs from George.  I think he is under recognized by the
fans for his talent as a song writer.  Also, I have always wandered why
there aren't any (to my knowledge) songs co-written by Mike and George.
Dede I guess this request is for you since you seem to be closest with the
band, do you think you can talk the band into doing another online chat like
they did before the House of Blues in LA. while supporting WFAD.  I think
that would be a great way for the band to really to start some of the word
of mouth buzz.

Just thought I would contribute some.
jarratt