CONNELLS Archives

August 1995

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jay M Hinton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 16:06:25 -0700
        No at home success?  Who is "making" it right now? -- nobody
nice that's for sure.  I think maybe the Connell's are just a little
*too* nice for the alternative scene.  They don't exactly rank up there
with Courtney Love or PJ Harvey, et al, despite the fact that they
aren't assaulty fans and can form a coherent sentence...
        That doesn't explain Hootie and Co...wow, there's a phenomenon
I just don't understand.  If there are and H&TBF fans, please explain:
        1) the vocals are decent
        2) the melodies are lead work are rahter pedestrian and not all
that original
        3) the lyrics are, well...lame.

        On the other hand the Germans love David Hasselhoff, so I'm not
sure their opinions count for much...an interesting note, my girlfriend
spent most of the summer in Italy and she said the best thing about the
radio over there was constant Connell's.

        no lo so...
        --j