CONNELLS Archives

April 1996

CONNELLS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tom Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 13:44:27 +0300
>Sender:       The Connells <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       alan lowhorn <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      ridiculous
>Stereotypes are SO dangerous because they lead to harmful displays
>of behavior.  I would appreciate not receiving any more mail filled
>with these diatribes against one group or another, especially when
>they are based on half-truths and faulty assumptions.  I'm sure most
>members of this list would agree with me.

Does this mean you'll all promise to never tell lawyer jokes either?
That'd sure make my life easier (at least in a few years)... ;-)

Lighten up, folks!  Yes, the comment about "fratboy rock" may have
offended a couple of people, but I'd hardly call the original message
a "diatribe" against frats.  It was more of a diatribe against Hootie!
But really, folks, the crowd on this newsgroup is generally a very
nice bunch of people, and I'd hate to see a bunch of people unsubscribe
because they don't want to be part of a listserv flame war.

So how 'bout them Connells?

Just my $.02....

-- Tom Parker <[log in to unmask]>